What Is NJ BPAC?
The New Jersey Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Council (BPAC) is coordinated by the Alan M. Voorhees Transportation Center, in conjunction with the New Jersey Department of Transportation. The goal of BPAC is to promote policies, practices and attitudes that increase bicycling and walking for transportation and recreation in order to enhance the state’s quality of life and improve public health and the environment. Council members include advocates, professionals, and staff members from local, county and state agencies from the transportation, health, environmental, and enforcement fields. In addition, there are four sub-committees on the Council: Design, Legislative, Safety, and Education. The Council meets four times a year at the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy in New Brunswick. If you are interested in being a part of NJ BPAC, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BPAC General Meeting Information
Here you’ll find the meeting minutes, agendas, and presentations of the New Jersey Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC). For information about the work of BPAC’s Subcommittees, Safety, Legislative & Policy, Design & Infrastructure, and Education & Outreach, click here.
- VeloCity – NYC by Karyn Williams, VeloCity
- How Do People Value Pedestrian and Bicycling Infrastructure? A Survey of Residents in Two New Jersey Regions by Deva Deka, VTC
- “For the Good of New Jersey” (March) by Jim Van Schoick, VTC
- Electric Bicycles in New Jersey by Elizabeth Harvey, VTC
- “For the Good of New Jersey” (June) by Charles Brown, VTC
NJ’s Stop and Stay Stopped Law
NJ BPAC Membership
Although we do not list individual names on this list, several concerned residents and advocates are also members.
- New Jersey DOT
- Tri-State Transportation Campaign
- Princeton Joint Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee
- East Coast Greenway
- Cross County Connection TMA
- Greater Mercer TMA
- Hudson TMA
- HART TMA
- Keep Middlesex Moving TMA
- Meadowlink TMA
- Ridewise TMA
- TransOptions TMA
- North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority
- Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission
- NJ Transit
- Transportation Safety Resource Center at CAIT
- Center for Advanced Infrastructure and Transportation – Rutgers University
- NJ Bike Walk Coalition
- West Windsor Bicycle and Pedestrian Alliance
- Cooper’s Ferry Development Assoc.
- Bicycle Touring Club of north Jersey
- Shaping NJ
- New Jersey Future
- Bike and Walk Montclair
- Borough of Metuchen
- Hudson County
- Somerset County
- Sussex County
- Middlesex County
- Bergen County
- Union County
- City of Hoboken
- Montclair Township
Private Companies & Consultants
- Michael Baker Jr., Inc.
- RBA Group
- Civic Eye Collaborative
- Parsons Brinckerhoff
- CH Planning Limited
- Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc.
- Louis Berger
- Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
Next BPAC Meeting
Our next meeting will be held on December 11, 2014, from 10am until noon!
Meeting will be held at the Edward J. Bloustein School for Planning and Public Policy
33 Livingston Avenue, New Brunswick, NJ
Bicycle parking available in the plaza
NJ BPAC Subcommittees
This page provides updates about the ongoing work of NJ BPAC’s Subcommittees. The four Subcommittees focus on advising the New Jersey Department of Transportation and other agencies represented on the Council on bicycle and pedestrian topics that impact New Jersey residents. If you are interested in attending quarterly BPAC meetings, please send an email to email@example.com.